CultureStep News October 2023
This October, the CultureStep Panel met to deliberate the applications received for the third meeting of this financial year.
Three investments were confirmed, which will help to strengthen and sustain innovative partnerships between business and the arts. They are:
- Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias (CGWM) & Pendine Park Care Organisation. An established supporter of CGWM, most recently the business sponsored the 2023 Wales International Harp Festival and commissioned music therapy sessions for residents at its Wrexham care home. CultureStep is extending the partnership by increasing the number of weekly sessions to 45.
- NoFit State Circus (NFS) & Celsa Steel UK. Celsa donated steel to improve NFS’ touring capability. The business also commissioned a performance as part of its 20th-anniversary celebrations. CultureStep is strengthening the new partnership by funding a freelance crew to process the steel.
- Tanio & Linc Cymru Housing Association. Through an A&B Cymru Brokerage, Linc Cymru has commissioned Tanio to engage the local community in its What Once Stood The business wishes to explore and preserve the heritage and historical significance of two of its developments in Neath Port Talbot. CultureStep is supporting this new partnership by contributing towards artists and photography costs for community workshops at both sites.
To date this financial year, CultureStep has invested in 21 partnerships. The recipients confirmed at the previous Panels were:
- Arts Connection & Wind 2
- Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias & Les Harpes Camac
- Cowbridge Music Festival & Richard H Powell & Partners & Tidy Translations
- Engage Cymru & Wales & West Housing Association
- Hijinx & Morgan Quarter & FOR Cardiff
- Making Sense & RWE Renewals UK Swindon Limited
- Menter Caerdydd Tafwyl & Cardiff & Vale College
- Mewn Cymeriad / In Character & The National Library of Wales & Merched y Wawr
- NoFit State Circus & Cardiff Community Housing Association
- North Wales International Music Festival & Ty Architecture Cyf
- OPRA Cymru & Magnox & Castell Howell Foods
- Riverfront Theatre & Arts Centre & Newport Transport
- Role Plays for Training & Cartrefi Conwy
- Shelter Cymru & HSBC & IKEA
- studioMADE Creative & RWE Renewals UK Swindon Limited
- The Denbigh Workshop & RWE Renewals UK Swindon Limited
- The Successors of the Mandingue & University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Vision Arts & Valero
Arts partners may apply for up to £1 from CultureStep for every £2 invested by the business partner. Find out more Here
The next deadline is 24 November 2023. If you are interested in making an application, please get in touch at email@example.com